This is the advanced configurator for own and third-party cookies. Here you can modify the parameters that will directly affect your browsing experience on this website.
At Itemsa we accompany our clients in creating the best possible working environment. To this end, we offer a comprehensive JE service: the preparation or adaptation of the evaluation manual as well as specific training, the implementation of JE projects and professional classifications and also, in the near future, the implementation of the Job Evaluation module of our APPRODUCTIVITY 4.0 suite.
Job Evaluation contributes to establishing fair and equitable pay structures, in that they ensure equal remuneration for jobs with broadly similar demands and adequately compensate for the higher requirements that some jobs impose compared to others. In this way, it seeks to minimise dissatisfaction associated with differences in pay.
Since the entry into force of the Royal Decree 902/2020 on equal pay between women and men on October 13, such a Job Evaluation is essential for companies so that said equal pay is based solely on technical criteria.
This Job Evaluation is also one of the tools provided for by this Royal Decree to guarantee equal pay for both men and women, as well as the basis for carrying out the mandatory pay audit provided for in its article 8.
Itemsa, your best ally in the application of a suitable salary policy for your company, based on the Job Evaluation (JE).
Since the company’s beginnings in 1988, Itemsa has been offering as one of its regular services the performance of professional classification analyses, based on Job Evaluation (JE), as a tool to improve business competitiveness.
Our general manager and our technical director, David and Albert Calvo, are both members of the Technical Commission for Work Organisation of the Catalan Labour Court (TLC) where they have participated for more than 20 years in the elaboration of technical opinions on the subject, which serve as an impartial basis for the resolution of arbitration, mediation and/or conciliation procedures agreed between companies and their workers. This has provided them with an unparalleled experience and knowledge and the vision to implement the best JE system in companies of all sizes and sectors.
The Evaluation Manual: a key element in JE
In order to carry out the Job Evaluation, the company must have or adopt an Evaluation Manual, which consists of a set of defined factors, described grades and points assigned to each grade that constitutes the measurement scale for the evaluation. The relative value of a job is obtained from the sum of values (points) obtained from each of the different factors that make up the Manual.
It should be noted that the most widespread Job Evaluation Manual among companies is the one created and used, precisely, by the aforementioned Technical Commission for Work Organisation of the Labour Court of Catalonia. The experience of our team is therefore key.
Our Methodology for Job Description and Job Evaluation
The basis of the Job Evaluation is to have previously elaborated an adequate Definition of the functions and requirements of the jobs or Job Description (JD).
The most commonly used Job Evaluation systems are factor analytical systems (or factor point systems), which are characterised by the fact that they assign specific numerical values to jobs.
Each manual works with factors that are usually similar and most of them tend to refer to fields such as the following:
- Capability and expertise.
- Contributed efforts.
- Responsibility for different aspects.
- Working conditions.
In order to quantify these values, proceed as follows:
- The work is broken down into factors and each factor is valued separately and assigned a corresponding value (grade).
- Each factor is not assigned the same importance but is given a certain weight.
- The value of each factor (grade) is translated into points, so that by adding up the points of the different factors, an overall score is obtained for the Job.
- This total value allows the relative and objective classification and evaluation of the works. That is, the total sum of points corresponds to a Grade of assessment or Professional Group.
This Rating Grade is combined with a salary scale, whereby each grade represents a certain salary.
How we can help you implement a Job Evaluation system in your company
Within this aspect of Job Evaluation, Itemsa can offer a comprehensive service that can cover any or all of the following activities:
- If deemed relevant, drafting or adaptation of a Job Evaluation Manual for the company.
- Training in Job Evaluation of the person(s) who will be responsible for the Job Evaluation in the company and/or its maintenance, as well as the Joint Committee of VPT if it exists. In this sense, we can carry out specific in-company trainings adapted to the specific needs of the company or employees can attend our public courses in person or via webinar.
- Job Evaluation and Professional Classification by our experts.
- The JE module of our Work Organisation software APPRODUCTIVITY 4.0 will be made available to our customers (shortly).
For detailed information on the in-company training we offer in this area, please click here.
As you have seen, Job Evaluation has become essential since the becoming into force of the decree that regulates it, but it is also a fundamental element for implementing a fair and equitable organisational and salary structure that improves the working environment of the company while increasing its competitiveness and productivity.
Contact us and we will advise you on which service is best suited to your company's needs.